- Sunday, Sep 13, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Sunday, Sep 20, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Sunday, Sep 27, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Sunday, Oct 4, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Sunday, Oct 11, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Sunday, Oct 18, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Sunday, Oct 25, 2020 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM EDT
- Sunday, Nov 1, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
- Sunday, Nov 8, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
- Sunday, Nov 15, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Sketch Comedy Triple Threat10 week program, 2 hour class
Sundays, 1pm-3pm on Zoom
$350 ($300 before Labor Day)
Acting & Improv Coach: Cathy Poley
Writing Coach: John D. Babcock III
Filming & Editing Basics: Tom von Dohlen
FROM PAPER TO SCREEN
Take your training to the next level and learn the behind-the-scenes and on-camera work for creating video content! In this 10-week program, students will learn all the steps to creating their own comedic video content, from Writing, Acting, and Basic Film Production!
- Play improv games to build confidence and wake up your creativity
- Use basic character development as well as physical and vocal exercises to create sketch comedy characters
- Practice on-camera technique versus stage performance
- Write original sketches and solo character pieces in the correct film format with your fellow students in a “writers room” setting
- Develop basic filming and editing skills by performing your very own solo character piece
Sign up now and become a triple threat: Writer, Performer, Filmmaker!
- For writing: Students are recommended to download Celtx on their computers (it’s free!). However, they are welcomed to use any writing software.
- For filming: Students are welcome to use their cell phone or laptop cameras.
- For editing: Students can use iMovie or equivalent to learn basic editing. Coach Tom can also assist with editing on Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:Prior to 48 hours before your registered class start date, you may cancel your registration and receive a 50% refund. Cancellations within those 48 hours will result in forfeiture of payment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel/inquire about refund.